A veneer is a flat surface of polymer clay that has been treated with a surface design. In this exciting class we will explore mixed media techniques with alcohol ink, paints and powders. You can adapt the beautiful veneers to your polymer clay creations. They could be used to cover your beads or embellish a canvas wall art or cover a bowl or vessel. You can save your veneers in a special way so that they can be used at a later date. So come along and find out all the tips and tricks of making, using and storing veneers.
Veneer Surface Techniques you will learn:
- Conditioning polymer clay, making sheets of clay suitable for surface designs
- Exploring alcohol inks on polymer clay sheets
- Surface treatments of sheets of clay using paints
- Surface treatments of sheets of clay using powders
- Using veneers to make a focal bead
- Storing your veneers for future use
Included in this class:
- Polymer Clay, enough to complete a number of surface designed veneers
- Use of tutors inks, paints and powders
- Class notes
- Loan of polymer clay tools
What to bring with you:
- Note book and pen
- Polymer clay tools, pasta machine if you have one.
- A4 Plastic folder book
The emphasis on the day is that you experience the pleasure of learning a new skill in a relaxing environment.
Suitable for everyone
|COST||$55 (includes materials)|
|TIME||10.00 AM – 1.00PM|
|VENUE||Two Rocks, WA|
|SKILL LEVEL||Open to all|
Availability & Bookings: Email or telephone 0427957612