Begin the journey with polymer clay.
Polymer clay – It can be drilled, carved, moulded, stamped, sanded, painted, and polished. It is an incredibly versatile material that can be made to look like anything from glass to ivory. Learn to create vibrantly coloured and beautifully detailed polymer beads, decorative elements are repeated with intentional arrangement.
The workshop will focus on the process of working with the clay, making patterns & designing a wearable piece. You will be able to make stunning unique polymer clay beads or a pendant or a brooch and create a unique piece of work.
In this workshop, we will cover basic design principles, brands of polymer clay.
- How to condition, colour mix, skinner blend, use contrast, appliqué and reproduce beads of the same size. Shaping and piercing beads
- Simple canes which can be used to make a variety of different patterned beads.
- Texturing with polymer clay tools
- Form round beads, ovals, tiles and lentils by hand and using bead rollers and acrylic tiles
- Finishing your work, smoothing, curing, tips on sanding, buffing and bead drilling
Included in this class:
- Class notes
- Loan of polymer clay tools
What to bring:
- Notebook and pen
- Polymer clay tools and pasta machine if you have one
- Scrap clay if you have any
A takeaway container for any unbaked items.
The emphasis on the day is that you experience the pleasure of learning a new skill in a relaxing environment.
Suitable for everyone
Availability & Bookings: Email or telephone 0427957612
|COST||$50 (plus clay approx $15)|
|DATE||15th November 2020|
|TIME||10.00 AM – 12.30 PM|
|VENUE||Metal Clay Art Studio, Two Rocks, WA|
|SKILL LEVEL||Open to all|