Silver Metal Clay is a revolutionary new medium from Japan, which allows you to create 99.9% pure silver jewellery. It consists of exceedingly small particles of silver mixed with an organic binder and water. The metal clay can be moulded, textured, carved, and sculpted; it is then fired with a torch or fired in a kiln to transform it into silver.
During this class you will be able to create one or two pairs of earrings depending on the size and will introduce you to the infinite possibilities of this medium.
- Learning about the clay
- Explore textures and forms with moulds from natural objects and texture sheets
- Rolling, cutting, forming the clay into a jewellery item
- Drying, sanding, and refining
- Drilling the clay
- Learn how to hand fire your clay with a butane torch
- Learn about patina and oxidising
- How to correctly finish and polish the silver
Included in this class:
- Class notes
- Loan of silver clay tools
What to bring with you:
Notebook and pen
Availability & Bookings: Email or telephone 0427957612
$50 deposit required in advance to secure your booking
|COST||$100 plus materials |
Materials include: 5 grams PMC $30, earring findings eg, hooks or studs, gemstones (optional), and studio workshop consumables.
|DATES||22nd November 2020|
|TIME||10.00 AM – 3.30PM|
|VENUE||Metal Clay Art Studio, Two Rocks, WA|
|SKILL LEVEL||Open to all|