Come and make your own solid silver jewellery inspired by nature in this fun and informal workshop suitable for beginners and those with some silver clay experience.
In this class, we will be using natural forms such as shells, leaves, flowers and seed pods, fossils and sharks teeth to make moulds and texture the silver clay. Each student will have the opportunity to make between 1-4 pieces dependant on if they choose to work big or small..
You will learn…
- How to make reusable moulds and create texture mats using leaves, seedpods, fossils, shells and feathers.
- How to use the moulds and textures to create a pendant, charms or earrings… the choice is yours.
- How to refine and tidy your piece for a good finish.
- How to use an embeddable jump ring
- How to fire, polish and patinate your jewellery to highlight detail and make your design pop!
At the end of the day, you will go home wearing your beautiful jewellery.
A material fee of approx $40 is payable on the day directly to the tutor, this includes 10g of silver clay and a couple of portions of the moulding compound. Extra can be purchased if necessary.
Sterling silver chains, ear wires and jewellery findings will also be available to buy at the end of the day to compliment your creations.
Please feel free to bring a selection of botanical specimens…small leaves flowers and seed pods and small shells etc to use on the day but I will have a selection which you are welcome to use.
I look forward to meeting you for a fun, relaxed, creative day!
Email or telephone 0427957612
|COST||$110 plus (materials $40 payable on the day)|
10g of silver clay and a couple of portions of the moulding compound
|DATES||23rd November 2019|
|TIME||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|TEACHER||Grainne Reynolds (U.K. Tutor)|
|VENUE||Metal Clay Art Studio, Two Rocks, WA|
|SKILL LEVEL||Open to beginners and those with some silver clay experience|